1. Why did Jesus allow himself to endure the excruciating torture of crucifixion?
2. What did the crucifixion of Jesus accomplish?
3. What emotion(s) or response(s) do you experience when you consider what Jesus did for you on the cross?
4. How can we express gratitude for what Jesus has done for us?
5. Read Numbers 21:4-9 & John 3:14-17. Discuss.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
~ Isaiah 53:5
Suggestions for Prayers:
- Express gratitude to Jesus for bearing pain and death on the cross to pay the debt for your sin.
- Pray the promises of Isaiah 41:10, both for you and for all who are experiencing fear and anxiety:
“So do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be discouraged,
For I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Pray for those who are sick, and their families, that the Lord would heal and comfort them.
- Pray for protection for those who are most vulnerable to the virus.
- Pray for those on the front lines treating those who are sick, that the Lord would protect and
- Pray for national and local leaders, that they would have wisdom to do what is best for all.
- Pray for those who have lost work, that God would provide through their families and communities.
- Pray for God's guidance regarding who you can reach out to and support through these difficult times.
- Pray patience and perseverance for parents, students, and teachers.
- Pray for those who are experiencing loneliness or anxiety due to separation from family and friends.