Exodus 20:16, John 1:14
1. Can you think of a time when not telling the truth was the right thing to do?
2. When do you find it hardest to tell the truth?
3. What does it mean to “be full of grace and truth?”
4. Can you think of a situation where you applied both grace and truth in your words?
5. How do the words and actions of Jesus in John 8 guide our desire to speak with grace and truth?
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ~ John 1:14
1. Praise God for his saving grace.
2. Confess to God the ways in which you resist speaking the truth.
3. Confess to God the ways in which you use words to do harm.
4. Ask God to fill you with the grace and truth of Jesus so you can speak the truth in love.