1. Given the overwhelming biblical evidence for the practice, why do you think there is so much resistance and skepticism towards fasting?
2. When you feel frustrated, restless, or empty, how do you most often respond?
3. In our text, what food does Jesus find so satisfying?
4. Name one way you can practice fasting or any kind of self-denial for spiritual purposes?
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
~ Matt. 4:4
1. Praise God for His nearness and faithfulness to us.
2. Praise God that He invites us into a personal relationship with Him.
3. Confess to God the ways you try to find satisfaction and peace apart from Him.
4. Ask God to show you ways you can practice self-denial to deepen your relationship with Him.